MDSpackage is a software package for Maple for explicit computations
with Mori dream spaces. A description can be found here
- Basics on finitely generated abelian groups and algebras
graded by them.
- Divisor class group, Picard-group, local class group
- cones of effective, movable or semiample divisor classes,
Mori chamber decomposition, pullback of Q-Cartier divisors,
- canonical toric ambient variety, stratification, irrelevant ideal,
- tests for being quasismooth, smooth,
(Q-) factorial, complete,
singular locus, global resolution of singularities (approved
for varieties with torus action of complexity one, experimental
in the general case),
for complete intersections:
anticanonical divisor class,
(Q-) Gorenstein and Fano properties,
for varieties with the action of a torus of complexity one:
tests for being (epsilon-log) terminal,
test for being
roots of the automorphism group.
Installation and Download
- Maple 10 or higher
- convex (If you have downloaded 'convex.m' to the current
folder but 'with(convex);' fails, you can try 'read"convex.m";'
and then 'with(convex);'.)
- Download the files
MDSpackage.ind and MDSpackage.lib.
If you have trouble, try the older versions from September 2015:
and remove the prefix "sep15_".
- Move them to your personal Maple library directory ("lib").
If this does not work, put those files in a new directory, e.g.,
/home/user/MDS/, start Maple and enter the line
libname := libname,"/home/user/MDS/";
- In Maple, type with(convex); and then with(MDSpackage);
A message MDSpackage - A package on Mori Dream Spaces...
will be displayed.
Getting started & database
A presentation of our package and a small survey: arXiv.
There is a database for Cox rings.
They can directly
be used within MDSpackage.
There is an online manual
Note & contact:
This is still a version under development.
Use it at your own risk. Please report bugs or errors.
License: GNU GPL ver. 2 or 3 (at your option).
Jürgen Hausen, Simon Keicher
Auf der Morgenstelle 10